Saturday 15 March 2014

New Home x

Yesterday was a long but exciting day. We packed up the van (took 3trips for my stuff alone) and set off to our new home in the country and I couldn't have asked for a better day to move.


Thursday night: Collecting the keys & signing contracts before a celebratory drink in paper cups (coz we're classy like that) followed by some James Taylor on the record player and a visit from our new neighbour asking us to turn it down...oops!
She popped in the next day with wine and a beautiful bouquet of tulips, she will be invited to the next party :)


Our gorgeous country kitchen, completely hand made by a local carpenter with Belfast sink and slate floor. Over on the back wall there is an original stove from 1726! After a bit of unpacking yesterday and an over load of fresh flowers this room has probably become my favourite. I will share what we have done to the place soon, once the packing chaos has calmed.

Our first night staying in the house consisted of more wine and records being played in front of an open fire. Pizza for dinner, as we don't yet have anything to cook with. Plenty of good conversation and diy as we don't have broadband, tv or reception....yet :)

Went to bed last night to the sound of the river, woke up to a chorus of birds,and this view!

I have to admit I was a bit apprehensive moving from the city but I think I will love it here. How could you not love waking up to that view?
I have the house to myself tonight so my mum and aunt are popping over with take away and inevitably more wine (I don't usually drink this much). So there will be a cleaning frenzy once I get home from work today :)

Looking forward to sharing some before and after pic's with ye.

                  Have a wonderful bank holiday weekend & Happy St Patricks Day!
                                                               Dee x

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the move...and the blog! I'll look forward to your updates ...you can't beat living in the countryside..you won't look back!!

    ReplyDelete